Friday 24 September 2010

At the beginning of the summer I was really excited. I had dozens of things planned Camping, going to the coast with friends, dentist appointments, going to a camp. Right when summer had started I went out on a late night skate with my friends way pass the legal curfew. We went down parking garages through parks it was a fun night. I should of been more responsible because I had to go to camp in the morning. I woke up a couple hours later in my bed at 7:30 am with blood shot eyes. I started packing. I got in the bus that was taking us there I was planning to sleep on the way there but the youth leaders kept playing music really loud.
The next day the siren for the camp went off and everyone woke up at 7:20 am. since I was by then really sleep deprived I slept in. I woke up later that day and joined the rest of my cabin.
for the rest of the day they read off the rules of the camp and what we aren't allowed to do. For the next couple of day things were fun. Until we got to the team sports. Most of the games were pretty disgusting.
After a game I was recording something on video, when my friend thought it would be funny to swipe my legs from under me. He ran towards me and instead of swiping my legs from under me. He accidentally hit my knee cap. All I heard was a snap and I collapsed. It really knocked the wind out of me. I was laying of the floor gasping for a little bit. Finally someone noticed and came to help. My knee cap was almost split in half. and tore my acl, and tore a few leg muscles.
1 month after that I was sent into surgery. They patched everything up, and 1 month later I get a lot better just in time for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment