Wednesday 19 May 2010

This Is What I Believe

Poetry has always had the interest of human emotion, either a poem about a loved one one a poem about the deceased. Poems have always had emotional effects on People. I favor the poet Edgar Allen Poe. The reason I like his form of poetry is he had such a unique way of grasping human emotion.

I believe Poetry is a good way to describe how your feeling and how your life is.

The first time I wrote Poetry I did it as a joke and entered the poem in a contest. Weeks later I received a letter from the website's workplace. I opened the letter and it said "Congratulations you earned 22nd place of the top 100 on the Editor's Choice Award". I didn't try when I sent in the poem so I figured if I did try I would get a better place in the next contest. The next week I started to actually write poetry as a hobby and it took off from there.

I use poetry to describe how I feel either when I am depressed, sad, bored, hungry, tired, or mad. Poetry has made a change in my life because it gave me something to do. It lets me put my emotions on paper and in plain view even though no one can completely get the concept of the poem. People who read my peoms can't really grasp what I am trying to say.

Poetry has made a big change in my life. It has done so much for my personality. If it wasn't for poetry I actually wouldn't be where I am in religion, I wouldn't have a job, and I wouldn't be so close to my family. I made myself so shy and and I seemed so down all the time. I wouldn't show anyone how I felt and how I thought about others, so I kept myself quiet about everything. Poems are a great way to grasp your emotions and show them to the public.


No comments:

Post a Comment