Tuesday 12 October 2010

Night race

Every year on the last day of October there is a long board skateboard race a company called Long Board Larry makes the race possible. Every year it's from top of Boone Rd. off of Liberty St. to the bottom of High Street. At the bottom of High street there is Bush park. And that is the finish line. The first on to get to the bottom of bush is the winner.

Last year I entered in the Long board Larry night race. We started to move inch by inch until someone just took off. The race started right after him. All 129 long board speed happy skateboarders went down Boone. I was in a giant chain of people. We made it past Liberty. We rushed onto Commercial dodging traffic, bicycles, and pedestrians. All of us had to turn on Ratcliff we were all going easily 20 miles per hour. We turned onto Ratcliff going that speed so by the middle of rat cliff we were all hitting about 36 Miles per hour I am guessing. There was a pot hole in the road that we didn't see. I hit the pot hole and flew off my board while going as fast as I was. More than 20 people were behind me. I covered my face with my knee, and elbow pads back to everyone. I was really scared of being hit by a board going 20 miles per hour. That would really mess someone up. I didn't get hit by anything some how. Unfortunately my friend broke his arm, 4 finger's, 2 toe's, and he broke his nose. The good thing about these races is there are spotters out looking for some one that gets hurt. so when he fell he had an easy 8 people help him to the Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment