Friday 21 January 2011

Apple in a pickle

Since I was young enough to remember my grand father I have wanted to be a Marine. My grand father was a Royal Marine Commando. I have always desired to become apart of Military Police. I have wanted to do that part as a military career because people always go in for the front line. I sometimes wonder why people are enthusiastic about enlisting. My plan was to go through college under payment of the Government. I would take law and criminology. I figure after my time of serving I would then apply at the Seattle Police Department. I would guess with a background as an MP I would be able to get in with no problem. But yesterday I heard that you can't join marines with a GED. And if you are to get in you mustn't have any medical, or Law records. I looked it up online. It said in an intimidating font.

"Very few Make it into the Marines as a GED holder, But that doesn't mean you will get in as easy as the other. You must impress them and you must be clear of ant other issues, such as medical, low scores, and legal issues. And you the they must still have room for you as a GED holder. Your average GED holder will not get in. The average person that has a GED is looked upon as a slackers in life. The marines don't have any room for slackers."

I can't have any medical issues. I have broken my knee just last summer. I figure that as a medical problem. Even though I am willing to be Military Police I still have to go through basic training. I can not stand the endurance that the basic training requires.


Link for what a Royal Marine is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Marines

No comments:

Post a Comment